What Is Cyber PR?
Cyber PR® is a process that combines digital PR, email marketing, and social media amplification, while emphasizing on fan acquisition and growth.
How Does Cyber PR Work?
Cyber PR is an online dashboard that our artists have full access to throughout their campaigns. This houses a VPK (Virtual Press Kit) and a list of all of the blogs and podcasts we have pitched you to with links to their socials – we will never hide who we send your music to, as we want you to connect to the bloggers we are pitching you to and start interacting. This helps us do our job and gets you into the communities of tastemakers who can help you long after your campaign with us is over.
Next, we hand-craft a pitch for you depending on who we’re trying to reach, and what we are strategically asking for. And sometimes we ask like 4 or 5 times…. 😉
We know how to get you onto publications because we spent thousands of hours researching who takes indie submissions, who likes guest posts, which columns you’ll fit into, and how many interviews a month each publication features.
Can I see Examples of the Types of Music Blog Placements Cyber PR Gets?
What’s the difference between between Cyber PR and other music PR firms?
Their are 3 major differentiators between Cyber PR and other PR firms:
1. We help you write a long term plan FIRST – In our many years developing artists, we find most call upon us when their albums or EPs are about to come out (like next week!) It is completely baffling that someone would work so hard on new music and visuals, dedicating hours and hours writing songs, practicing, not to mention spending large sums of money recording, mixing and mastering, only to rush the release with no plan in place! So, let us talk to you about creating a customized plan (They cost less than PR and can save you a fortune in the long run).Note: Musicians can no longer rely on social media exclusively to drive sales either. According to a recent article in Business 2 Community, “Those who can measure results directly have discovered social media is far less effective at driving direct purchases than email or search advertising.” This is why our marketing plans cover both social and email marketing.
2. We implement content marketing– We know that to stand out amongst the thousands of artists vying for precious limited space on music blogs you need cultivate what separates you from the rest. We will make you a shark in a sea of tuna by executing effective niche content blog placements. We find out what non-music topics you are passionate about and connect you to these passionate bloggers’ audiences. When we provide them with well-researched, thoughtful content that you create, it becomes a win-win for everyone involved. This means you stand out in non-traditional ways on blogs that don’t normally feature music and entertainment content.
3. We GIVE you our pitch list – You get all of the social media links for very blog we pitch you to (this is something that none of our competition offers).
Wait! All I Want is PR? Why Are You Talking About “Marketing Plans?”
In this crazy ever-changing music industry landscape we see the same issue over and over again: A vast majority of artists don’t have any long-term plan in place. Hundreds of artists approach us each year looking for PR because they were told by someone in music industry that they need PR. We don’t necessarily agree.
You need something else first – A PLAN!
The pressure of releasing social media posts and a consistent string of music, plus having to master new platforms and technology almost monthly keeps artists busier than ever before and this “business” fights long-term perspective.
Will I Sell More Music From a PR Campaign?
We get asked this all the time: What’s My ROI (Return On Investment) from a Cyber PR Campaign? It’s a legit question. Any publicist that tells you that you will sell music as a result of a PR campaign alone is not telling you the truth. PR is just one part of the picture (this is why we like long-term plans).
So we invite you to stop asking about ROI and think about this as ROC – Return on Conversation.
How is Cyber PR different from traditional PR?
Cyber PR is digital PR. This means we place on:
• Blogs / Music Blogs
• Video Sites
• Socials – via shares, regrams, reposts, and RTs
No disrespect to our colleagues but we don’t “blast” a generic press release to a list in a data base. This approach never yields strong results, and we love strong results.
Why Don’t You Offer Traditional PR?
There’s 2 answers to this:
1. The SNARKY Answer: Traditional PR sucks to do and the results for independent artists are VERY HARD to produce. Think about it – when was the last time you saw a totally independent artist get a write up or review in Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, or The New York Times?
2. The NON-SNARKY answer: The evolution of devices, expanding social channels, the 24-hour news cycle, and instant access to every imaginable type of media for all who are connected constantly shifts the landscape and the opportunities for exposure online are far greater for an independent artist. Since we serve independent artists we want to do what actually works.
Will You Write A Press Release For Us?
No. Press releases are not an effective way of reaching music bloggers.
Can You Help Me With Social Media?
YES! We execute full social media management. This means we will tweet, pimp out your Facebook Page and post for you, run your Instagram, write blog posts, and help you with your monthly newsletter.
We will help you think through a content strategy that actually works, identify themes that resonate with your audience, and plan your calendar so you don’t forget the important stuff that your fans need to know about.
We are also passionate about educating you – We will teach you how to work our Social Media House program so that you can continue to build your presence on all social networks.
I Want to Promote a Music Video – Can Cyber PR Help?
YES! We do video promotions and premiere campaigns all of the time but we prefer it when there is also music (an EP or album) to promote as well.
I Need a New Bio – Can Cyber PR help?
YES! we strongly believe that all artists should have a fabulous bio (we call it a signature story around here). This is the cornerstone of your online footprint and it is more important than ever to have a strong story that fans can relate to. Our bio writer is a total pro and he has written bios for Lana Del Rey, Joe Jackson, and Julian Lennon (and hundreds more). He has a degree in journalism from NYU and he has had articles published in SPIN, The Village Voice, Guitar World, and CMJ New Music Monthly.
What Does My Budget Have to be to get a Cyber PR Campaign?
Can I Pay In Installments?
YES! We can customize a payment plan that works for you
What is your Favorite Cat Video Online?
We are so happy you asked!
It’s a toss up between these 2: