As a musician, your goal is, of course, to be seen & heard. You want to reach as many people as possible with your music and maybe even become famous! More times than not, artists mistakenly believe that hiring a publicist or radio promoter is the next step after recording an EP or an album. Many believe this will catapult them to stardom. As they try to build a career as a successful music artist, this is advice so many received And that advice is wrong!
What to expect:
Lab 1— Supercharge Your PR with Ariel Hyatt – Starts August 6, 2018
Ariel has been a fierce entrepreneur for more than 20 years and runs Cyber PR, a dynamic social media & content strategy firm based in New York City. Her agency places clients on blogs & podcasts, establishes their brands, and advises on how to create online influence. She has spoken in 12 countries to over 100,000 creative entrepreneurs and is the author of four bestselling books on social media, marketing, and crowdfunding – including Cyber PR for Musicians and Music Success in 9 Weeks. Her latest book, Crowdstart: The Ultimate Guide to a Powerful and Profitable Crowdfunding Campaign, went to #1 on Amazon in both the investing and entrepreneurship categories.
What you will learn:
Week 1 – PREPARING FOR PUBLICITY
- Identify your Signature Story (the foundation of your PR)
- How to choose a perfect image and brand to send to the media that will grab their attention
- What music bloggers and journalists want and how to avoid mistakes when preparing to submit to get PR
- How to create a strategy for how to roll out your music so that it is press-worthy
Week 2 – YOUR LIST & GETTING PR PLACEMENTS
- How you choose appropriate outlets for your music to target (you may want to be on Pitchfork but it may not be time for you (yet!)
- Share and customize a PR target list just for you based on Ariel’s 22 years of PR contacts
- Put together your targets with her pitches and you will be ready to go!
Week 3 – CREATING YOUR PR TIMELINE & SHARING SUCCESSES
- Assistance in laying out the next few months (and longer if you have new music coming) using Ariel’s tried and true PR follow up methods
- What to do with your PR after you get it!
- How to leverage great PR and turn it into tangible music career goals
- 1 on 1 laser-focused coachingWe’re so excited to get learning!
To read about all of the other LABS and sign up click on the graphic below or here: bit.ly/CyberPRLabs
You may also like:
Leave a Reply